Re: Re: TR: Multiple subcult question

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:35:16 -0800

Jeff Kyer and Roderick Robertson say to

me:
>> > Wouldn't you get the affinities of Orlanth Adventurous and
>> Thunderous, Helamakt
>> > and Hedkoranth?
>>
>> He's only worshipping one aspect. He's taking 2 subcults and a
>> single aspect...
>
>Correct. If you want two Aspects and two Subcults, pay 60%.

        Not according to the example on the top of Thunder Rebels, p.69. Rurik is an initiate of both Destor Adventurous and Daylanus Thunderous. He gets Wind from both, Combat and Movement from DA and Storm and Fight Elements from DT. Two aspects, two subcults, 50% time. (Or was this changed in the errata?)

        As I remember (and I've deleted the oriinal post, and my connection is slow enough tonight that I don't feel like looking at yahoo groups), the original idea was that someone wanted to worship Hedkoranth Adventurous (weird, but 30% time), then wanted to add Helmakt Thunderous (normal, and an additional 20% time per TR, p.67-69. If he converted to normal worship of Hedkoranth, it would be only +10% time, but he'd lose the Movement affinity and special Combat magis of Adventurous (although he's an initiate and doesn't have feats, so he should have no trouble improvising similar effects).

        Or, as is so often the case, have I missed something?

Peter Larsen