Re: Godking Hero Cult

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 21:30:05 -0000

A powerful cult might have several different types of magic assciated with it -- though they might be 'misapplied' Remember, the HeroCult provides power (feats/affinities/flaming borsht attack/whatever) to the worshippers in exchange for worship...

> ie in kethaela : theistic worship from Esrolia, Caladraland, Heort
but more
> animist from the few converted Uz in the Shadow Plateau and even
maybe a
> sorcerous book for aeolians or Godforgoti (by the way, I'm not quite
sure what
> kind of magic they have in this region, so consider this another
question :-) )

A simple hero-cult wouldn't have such a wide array of powers. However, there could be serveral subcults/herocults which have these, each using a different form of worship for the deity/hero being worshippped.

> I consider that Belintar is quite an exceptionnal being, so his cult
shouldn't
> be restricted to the more normal 'orlanthi hero cult' described in
the rules.

Probably. But now that he's gone, I don't know if his cult is providing _anyone_ with anything. Looks like, since he's gone, the worshippers are getting nothing for their worship and are falling away from the time and expense of it....

> GodKing/Holy Country Affinity
> [Feats : Understand Kethaelan People, Voice of the Pharaoh, Union of
the Six,
> Gift of Citizenship, Sense Godking]

Nothing involving peace, eh? =) Looks more or less solid. Probably want some other things though:

Relationship: temple
Personality: Loyal to Pharaoh

> No secret for now (anyway, I don't need it, the PCs will never
obtain it)

Herocults don't get secrets, IIRC. Though, of course, HEROFORM Pharaoh is the probable secret -- but its better described as in 'Participate in Contest of Luck and Death'

> (and of course, Mythology of Belintar, etc.)
>
> If you've any comments and wise advices, thank you,

Its not wise advice but its a comment anyways...

Jeff