Godking Hero Cult

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 19:14:20 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

first mail on this ML, I'm not even sure it's the correct one...

I've some questions about a potential Hero Cult for Belintar, Godking of the Holy Country.
My campaign takes place in 1616 ST, in Kethaela and the Pharaoh is about to... disappear. I proposed a Godking Hero Cult during PC creation and two of my players accepted it, so I developped some things, but I still have more questions than answers :-)

As most of the six parts of Kethaela are theist, I mostly thought about it from a theistic POV, but my first question would be : is it possible for a powerful enough hero to have hero cults from different kind of magic users ? (Belintar is not even dead yet, but I don't know if that's an absolute prerequisite to be worshipped)

ie in kethaela : theistic worship from Esrolia, Caladraland, Heort but more animist from the few converted Uz in the Shadow Plateau and even maybe a sorcerous book for aeolians or Godforgoti (by the way, I'm not quite sure what kind of magic they have in this region, so consider this another question :-) )

I consider that Belintar is quite an exceptionnal being, so his cult shouldn't be restricted to the more normal 'orlanthi hero cult' described in the rules. Anyway, I told my players that it was mostly a 'political' cult, with initiates acting as agents for the good of the Holy Country (and the blessed Godking) from time to time : explaining laws, settling matters, acting more or less a small ambassadors (inside the HC, not outside).

So, for the time being, I use the following :

GodKing/Holy Country Affinity
[Feats : Understand Kethaelan People, Voice of the Pharaoh, Union of the Six, Gift of Citizenship, Sense Godking]
No secret for now (anyway, I don't need it, the PCs will never obtain it)

(and of course, Mythology of Belintar, etc.)

If you've any comments and wise advices, thank you,