Re: TR: Multiple subcult question

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 17:59:28 -0000

If you become the 'wrong' subcult from an aspect, it does not an extra 20%. BUT you may not get the right match of feats and affinities. Most subcults have feats that add onto the standard affnities for that Aspect -- and if you don't have matching affnities, you don't get those feats (or, if you are lucky and have a kind narrator you can buy them as stand alone feats).

> > Helamakt (a Thunderous aspect subcult) you pay 20% - just because
Helamakt
> > and Hedkoranth are from the same Aspect originally, you don't get
that break
> > to 10% - *you* follow Adventurous. The priests probably look at
you funny
> > and say "you should have thought of that before you went the route
of
> > Orlanth Adventurous..."
>
> Well, I like to mix'n'match =)
> I'd deduce from this, that I can't choose Helamakt Adventurous as a
> second subcult, but instead *must* go with Helamakt Thunderous. Hmm.

Um, Subcults are automatically a part of whatever aspect they belong to. And if you're base ASPECT is the wrong one, then you're just going to have to deal with having ineffecient magic.

> Just a moment - Joining a subcult from a different aspect takes 20%
of your
> time. After this it says it's possible to join just a different
aspect,
> but this has the same cost, 20%. I understand this as implying that
the
> 20% cost includes both an aspect and a subcult. This makes sense,
since the
> normal 30% initiate cost consists of 10% communal worship and 20% of
> aspect+subcult worship.

Huh? I really, really think you should wait till you have the rules.... But joining another Aspect is, basically, another subcult (at 20%) or, if youwant, aspect + subcult = 30% and is, effectively, dual initiation.

> > Worshipping two [Aspect+Subcult]s is like worshipping two
different gods -
> > 60% of your time.
>
> Hmm. I find this strange. More on this a few rows down.

Um, wait for the rules?

> I agree - also, in an example of being both a devotee of one
subcult+aspect
> and an initiate of another subcult+aspect, the time cost was 80%.
According
> to my maths that's 60% (devotee 30%, initiate 20% and communal 10%)
> plus 20% (second initiation)...

No, being a devotee adds even MORE time.... We're JUST talking about initiation.

> The idea was not to include worship of Helamakt Thunderous, but of
Helamakt
> Adventurous. Were it H. Thunderous, I'd have no problem as the rules
are clear

Then, in that case you have O.A., Hedkoranth A, Helamakt A, which give you the affinities of OA, Hedkoranth and Helamakt. All at a cost of 30+20=50. The first subcult, even if its 'wrong' is apparently only 10%.

> Hm. I think I'll just go with house rules here:
> 10% communal worship
> +20% initiate of aspect-1 and subcult-1
> +5% if subcult-1 isn't part of a worshipped aspect

Why not wait till you have the rules before posting house rules to the list?

Besides, your method looks like way too much number crunching. I really suspect most of your questions will be answered when you can read it.

Jeff