Re: TR: Multiple subcult question

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:13:46 -0000

> Really, I thought that cost the same 20% time as a second
Aspect
> and Subcult, with a significant loss of magic. Now an additional
Subcult in
> your Aspect makes more sense as it only costs 10%....

I think I'll wait for Roderick to come back and clarify things. =)

He's better at it.

> So the weirdos do lose on the time commitment, eh? It makes
sense;
> there's a reason people do what they do, kid, don't buck the trend,
your
> grandda knows what's right, etc, etc.... Is this in TR? I was
looking for
> it, but the relevant section eludes me (I can't find anything on
mismatched
> aspects, and I know it's there....)

If it isn't, it should be. But I admit that the section is kinda tortouous. Its more with subucults that don't match the aspect (you have to have an aspect) cost the extra 10%... You're running an emulator rather than the O/S... =)

I'm perfectly willing to be wrong on this but it makes pretty good sense.

> Bureaucratic bastard breaks all boundries,
> Odious to Orlanth, allseeing Allfather.
> Cursed by clan, threatened by thunder,
> slain by storm, judged by joyless
> Havan Vor, he hastens to hell,
> tied up in timesheets, lashed by lightning.
>
> -- from "What the Storm Voice said when I incorrectly filled out my
W-4."

> Peter Larsen

THAT just went up on my cubicle wall with the proper font!

Thanks, Peter. I needed the early-morning-giggle.

Jeff