Re: Fyrd stats

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 18:10:51 -0000

> Tadlith Mastakest's-son is an ambitious carl herder of the Fire Bull
> clan. He enthusiastically participates in cattle raids, hoping to
> gain the respect of his peers. These kinds of carls probably have
> better (but not much better) combat skills than their peers.

Well put. And, of course, these ambitious carls and cottars are the folks who show up for the 'short call' muster of the Fyrd when there's a raid or the like. And these are the folks whom I (IMG!) give a 17 Combat skill... They have a 5w in their 'job skill' as they are probably the folks who will become the leaders and moves of the clan over the future years.

And of course, the old guys may just pull down the sword they hung up after Kallyr's Rebellion to go on one last raid... If one has only one breath left to give, spend it well.

Jeff