Re: Re: TR stuff.

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:05:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 ian_hammond_cooper_at_... wrote:

> Usage of an affinity is subject to an improvisational modifer. Is
> this rule changed by the statement that Esrola worshippers do not get
> an improvisational modifier on their own animal or plant?

I suspect if it came up in my game I'd rule that it actually meant either:

  1. Esrola worshippers suffer an (additional) improvisational modifier for using affinities on animals or plants other than their own.

or

2. Esrola worshippers receive a +3 bonus for using affinities on their own animal or plant.

Depending how nice a mood I was in. I've never found the +3 to be particularly significant on game balance.

On a related note, has anyone else come to the conclusion that affinities should work as :

Initiates/Devotees start with affinity rating of 14. Devotees get a bonus of +3 for using known (ie. cemented) feats.

Functionally the same, but easier to work with in practice.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stableyard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net