Re: Leaving the hero plane

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:43:39 -0000

These are bread-and-butter HQ that are done regularly and without too much in the way of trouble as a part of life in the clan.

> happened safely off-camera. Are these regular visits simply made
> easier by familiarity? Can a path back and forth be made easer by
> repetition? Like DEATH said in Terry Pratchett's Discworld when yet
> another soul escaped, "I may as well install a revolving door!"

Familiarity, experience, and the fact that Old Torvald's done the Founder's Quest 35 times.... And often clans will have items or rituals that will help with that specific, important quest.

> Wulf

Its been stated in frequently and in numerous places that heroquests become easier as they are repeated. I would think this would apply more to commonly used cultural events such as initiations and annual ceremonies than anything heroes come up with -- which are usually quests performed in extremis or dire need.

Jeff