Re: Re: Leaving the hero plane

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:15:10 -0600

At 06:10 PM 3/23/01 +0000, you wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:43:39 -0000, "Jeff" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:
>
>>Its been stated in frequently and in numerous places that heroquests
>>become easier as they are repeated. I would think this would apply
>>more to commonly used cultural events such as initiations and annual
>>ceremonies than anything heroes come up with -- which are usually
>>quests performed in extremis or dire need.
>
> So people writing Initiation HQ should lower the barrier strength,
>both ways? I don't mind, but from the description in TR, the entry to
>and exit from all HW are the same - flying to Kero Fin, then to
>Orlanth's hall, or back. Just doesn't seem to me you can weaken such a
>'routine' flight for one HQ and not them all, as the differences in HQ
>appear mainly within ( or through the back door of) Orlanth's hall,
>NOT in the journeys either way.

        When flying to Kero Fin, I assume that everyone is giving extraordinary support to the ritual leaders, plus they are probably using a very specific myth (getting bonuses or represented by an ability no player character bothers to learn "[Your Clan Here] Sacred Time Rituals and Myths" that very quickly gets to be several masteries). There are a lot of bonuses. That's my take.

Peter Larsen