Sub Cult Feats and Character Creation

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 15:47:08 +0100

> From: stephen.royle_at_...
>I have a PC in my soon to begin Orlanthi stead campaign, Heldamar, who is a
>devotee of Helamakt Adventurous.
>Now he gets the Combat and Movement affinities from Orlanth Adventurous and
>Combat from Helamakt.
>Couple of questions:
>a) Does he end up with one big Combat affinity or two separate ones, one
>from OA and one from Helamakt. I personally think the latter, but what do
>others think?

One big combat affinity. I'd probably rule two separate _only_ for separate cults (like Humakt, Bab Gor, Orlanth).

>b) The Storm Feats he gets from Helamakt, do they remain as feats? Or does
>he not get them because he has no Storm affinity?

Personally, I'd rule he doesn't get them initially, but could learn them as standalone feats.

>Character creation query, partially following on from Russell Hoyles
>question.
>I have another PC, Cormac, who is a hunter, then took up the sword to kill
>Lunars.
>Now I'm thinking of giving him both Hunter and Warrior keywords, with
>hunter at 17 and warrior at 13, does this sound reasonable?
>Have other referees had similar situations? If so what have you done?

That sounds reasonable to me. I'd be wary about letting someone do this _too_ often (e.g., I'm a farmer, turned warrior, turned ...).

Thom