Re: Sub Cult Feats and Character Creation; Geas-breaker

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:02:06 -0000

One. That's one of the reasons WHY folks go from Orlanth A to Helamakt as they age. At least there's similarities in magic.

And it notes in the 'changing cults' example that Ruric is able ot recover the use of his various unusable affinties as he moves from cult to cult.

Combat = Combat Winds =/= Storm

> > b) The Storm Feats he gets from Helamakt, do they remain as feats?
Or does
> > he not get them because he has no Storm affinity?
>
> I'd give him a Storm affinity with just those feats, to round him
out
> at three affinities.

I might do the same, especially were he a devotee. Of course, he might get them as 'stand alone' feats that are inddepenantly raised at 17.

> > Now I'm thinking of giving him both Hunter and Warrior keywords,
with
> > hunter at 17 and warrior at 13, does this sound reasonable?
>
> Sounds reasonable. What's not reasonable is starting out with two
> full keywords at 17. (If one of the keywords is something like
> god-talker, which is intended as an additional keyword, then both
> would be at 17.)

Reasonable. I might give 2 at 15 but if the hero's not trying to be greedy, I try to be accomodating. Normally, I only give 1 occupation keyword at the maximum (plus possibly God-Talker if need be)

> Someone (I forget who) proposed it was something like "never attack
> from behind," so all the Emperor had to do was turn as the blow
> descended.

Or never turn your face from an enemy -- and he trips.

Jeff