Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 16:13:35 -0000

That's how the 'attacking multiple targets' rules work...

> the Unmoving Shield (Elmali Devotee) first, and the no one has to
> bother about their defense rolls :-) I suppose the creature can
split
> its AP, then the players make defensive rolls and then as a narrator
> you have to tell each player how much his character loses. Argh...
> I still don't know by rote this extended contest table...

It will come with time. =) And frankly, I spend a lot of time improvising as my players spend a lot of THEIR time making my life difficult... (which, I admit, I like)

> That was what I wanted. Thanks. Anyway, they had (I hope) adrenaline
> levels quite in the red because they knew that if one of them was
> hurt, that would be nasty. You know, classical Big Nasty Beast with
^8
> edge for damage.
>
> 'Yes, you rolled 20, so it catch you (for once), that's very bad.
Let
> me see... OK you lose 39 AP. Negative now I suppose ?'. Splat, from
> 17 AP to -22 AP in half a second.

Then you did it right -- no matter what method you use, Drama Is Always Right.

> By defence, you mean used as an augment at the beginning of the
fight
> ? Or can the beast use this as the ability to resist players' rolls
> ??? (RQ is coming to my mind, with attack/parry abilities)

They are saying 'use Large' as the ability used as the defensive ability to RESIST the close combat of the player's attacking it.

> No, I've 'Esrolian Philosophy 8W', 'Chirurgy 8W' player
characters...

Excellent. Remind us to tell you about Oscar Wilde and the Great Troll...

> And only.... one fighter in the whole group. But then, I can imagine
> them doing nasty things :-)
>

> Andrew Graham wrote :
>
> > If you look at Anaxial's Roster creatures
> > can use there Large to trample
> > creatures that are 20 or more smaller that them.
> > So a horse that is Large 6W in size can trample a standard Large 6
> man.
>
> Ah well... AR was perceived in France as 'oh no, another monsters
> compendium, what are they doing ?'. So no one bothered to buy it or
> even to open it ... Well, now, after having seen it used for
citation
> concerning legends, strange spirits and all, I've changed my mind.
But
> then, it should be translated with new pictures in the month to
> come ...

I'd read it, at least. Its quite useful.

> Thank you all for your kind and swift answers !
>

> Philippe

That's what the list's for. =)

Jeff