Re: Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:53:00 -0700

> Hmm. The best defensive roll seems a bit too easy for them. Put Harven
> the Unmoving Shield (Elmali Devotee) first, and the no one has to
> bother about their defense rolls :-) I suppose the creature can split
> its AP, then the players make defensive rolls and then as a narrator
> you have to tell each player how much his character loses. Argh...
> I still don't know by rote this extended contest table...

Oh, you still have to worry about defensive rolls, it's just that the best roll is used. If the creature is semi-intelligent, it will probably focus on one hero at a time, rather than splitting attacks anyway. Most animals won't go for two different targets, since they will probably lose both.

> 'Yes, you rolled 20, so it catch you (for once), that's very bad. Let
> me see... OK you lose 39 AP. Negative now I suppose ?'. Splat, from
> 17 AP to -22 AP in half a second.

Well, rolling a fumble vrs a crit is *always* bad! (And that's one of the two good uses for a Hero Point - at least he'd only lose 26 points (down to -9, Dazed, instead of -22, Injured). (Note that the creature would be energized by the hit, as a Crit-Fumble is a *transfer* of AP, not just a forfeit).

RR