Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:24:22 -0000

Yeah, I _still_ get that all the time and I've been running a game for about 1.5 years.

> Anyway, this brings to mind another question I had during this fight
:

> Big Nasty Beast has Close Combat (claws, whatever) 15, because it is
> slow and big, so it can't turn very fast and so on. It has 'only' 15
> AP and could be easily defeated (well, I might state that its hard
> skin gives a protection of ^5...)

Sure. That works, or even a greater edge -- look at Anaxial's Roster for details.

(snip)

> I suppose using the 'Very Big' ability as a the principal ability to
> fight would be cheating ? (OK, maybe I will try to get back my
> rulebook from the player who stole it) IIRC, you can decide which
> ability you will use during contest ?

Sure, that's what I would have done. Its got a LOT of AP but its not very good at attacking.

You decided what ability you use to generate AP and then you can switch in battle.

> In this case, Very Big would have an improvisational penalty, but
> could be augmented by close combat... Am I a total heretic ?

I'd use VERY big and then switch to Close Combat. But I am supposedly inherrently evil as a narrator.

Hope this helps!

Jeff