Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:40:55 -0000

> Combat proceeds normallly with each hero attacking on his action.
If
> he loses against the creature, then he loses/gains AP. But each time
> the heroes attack, they gain a multiple attacker bonus of -3 to the
> critter's ability. The creature, when it comes around to its action,
> can attack ONE hero (unless it had many attacks or something like
> that).

OK. Now that I read it it seems quite reasonable and efficient. I don't know why I decided not to do this... Well, some sessions bring contest situations new to me, but which seem to be well covered by the rules.

Anyway, this brings to mind another question I had during this fight :

Big Nasty Beast has Close Combat (claws, whatever) 15, because it is slow and big, so it can't turn very fast and so on. It has 'only' 15 AP and could be easily defeated (well, I might state that its hard skin gives a protection of ^5...)

So it can use its 'Very Big 10W2' ability to augment itself before the fight. But it gives only a few APs, and I still have a easily defeated beast.

I suppose using the 'Very Big' ability as a the principal ability to fight would be cheating ? (OK, maybe I will try to get back my rulebook from the player who stole it) IIRC, you can decide which ability you will use during contest ?

In this case, Very Big would have an improvisational penalty, but could be augmented by close combat... Am I a total heretic ?

(The fact is, I fear my players may ask to do the same)

Thanks,

 Philippe