Re: Many heroes against one big nasty beast

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:29:15 -0000

> I do not like the idea of a Large

5W
> human, simply because it becomes impossible to compare Large
> directly. "The bridge is weak - use it's Stay Up 15 against the
Large
> of any creature trying to cross". I would say any human over about
> Large 17 is notably superhuman in stature (I wouldn't disallow it,
it
> would just need a damn good reason). I don't necessarily say Large =
> weight either, but every creature (including human) has a mundane
> range of Large (I'd say about Small 8 to Large 17 for an adult).

Hmm. For me, the abilities are indeed 'floating', and what matters is the number written afterwards, which translates the notion into something ready for gameplay.

Big, Bigger, Very Large or whatever are all the same thing if they have the same numerical value.
You allow, I suppose, things like Strong, in a range of 13 to 5W and even more ? Well, Thanes are in the 10W range, clan champion in the 10W2 range. So for me, Big Jack the clan strongest man, the yearly winner in the strength contest has somewhere between Strong 10W and Strong 10W2... And that raises the question of whether he can carry a horse.

By the way, you say the size range is Small 8 to Large 17, so for you the word is as important as the number ? For me a very small man would have Very Small 15, but I got the impression it'd be Very Small 6 for you. I'm wrong ? (that's real curiosity, to understand the rules)

Philippe