House Rules for Beginning Ability Levels

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 02:05:48 -0400

Here are the house rules for beginning ability levels for my "Lonisisaga" campaign, for your perusal and/or enjoyment. :)

At last session I briefly mentioned where I planned to set beginning ability levels for your heroes; I have now finalized my decision. Heroes will have one ability at 9W, two at 5W, and four at 1W. Abilities granted by the hero's cultural, occupational and magical keywords, and by the hero's narrative, will follow standard HERO WARS rules for beginning ability level.

Should a hero gains the same *specific* ability from more than one keyword, an additional +5 may be added to the hero's final rating in that ability. For example, a hero who takes "God-talker" as an occupational keyword gains "Tie to <God>". Any magical keyword provides a hero with this ability already, so a God-talker hero receives a +5 to the Tie's rating.

(The sole exceptions are Close Combat and Ranged Combat; ignore duplicate subabilities. They are mostly errata anyway.)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and