Re: HPs and normal abilities house rule.

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 15:12:39 -0000

Nick wrote:
> I agree completely. IMO the various types of enhancement (edges,
> handicaps, augmentations, penalties and extra APs) should all be
> converted into skill bonuses/penalties for simple contests, using
> conversion rates implicit in the enhancement rules.

Workable. IMG if it was a simple contest factors like edges etc. might well get ignored. Simple often implies to me - let not work all those factors out - as much as not playing out every blow in the contest. I might just give one side or the other a 'off the top of my head' bonus to an ability to represent a superior situation in terms of euqipment/terrain/tactics etc.

AFAIK it has yet to be an issue in play for us though.

Ian Cooper