Hunting as a broad ability

From: jualra_at_...
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:09:36 -0000

Sorry if this has been already said or is very trivial but:

If I've understood correctly, the basic rules categorize skills as mental or physical. Normally this really doesn't affect the game a lot but it occurred to me that Narrator could easily restrict the (ab)use of a Hunting ability by asking the players to decide if their ability is a mental or physical skill.

Hunting the Physical Skill would let you to sneak, use your senses etc. but would NOT help you to recognize strange marks on the ground.

Hunting the Mental Skill would be vice versa.

Neither would give you Ranged Combat (bow, sling...) as I think Hunter keyword does.

Doesn't seem too broad to me. Keywords usually give several skills in mental and physical categories.

Juha Ratilainen