RE: Re: Prax

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:47:08 +0100

>In my mind, all deities, be they gods, petty gods,
>or great spirits, are as much shaped by their
>worshippers as by their divine heritage.

That can seem to be the case. I'm a "hidden variable objectivist", which basically means that the truth of the deity being worshipped can be expressed in many, often seemingly contradictory, ways. This is a result of the mortal mind expressing the unknowable divine in mundane terms. So, while it may seem that Group A moulded the deity into their vision, and so did Group B with a different vision, they in fact discovered that their visions were both true enough to work. Many cultures discover that their truths are false, and they are in trouble, and no amount of trying to prove it will work.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.