Re: Re: Big spirit dudes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:39:14 +1200

At 11:46 29/06/00 +0000, you wrote:

>Veering slightly into HW-rules territory, how do you decide the
>degree of binding of a spirit gained by negotiation? That is, 1-use,
>1/day. 3/day, etc.

1-use normally.

Multiple uses, I think, should only be gained if you and the spirit have agreed on a common goal (bury my corpse) and the multiple usage should be related to how committed the spirit is to that goal or even how committed he thinks you are. Once the goal is completed, the spirit leaves. I would reserve this for the more intelligent spirits or ancestors.

>And can you Integrate a spirit entirely by
>agreement, with no Spirit Combat?

I generally feel the answer to this is the same as the answer to "Can you enslave a person entirely by agreement, with force of any kind?"

It maight be possible in some part of glorantha or for some spirits* but I do not believe that it is or should be a common occurrence.

--Peter Metcalfe

*about the only spirit type that I can think of would be trickster types whose talent is actually a curse.