Re: What Issaries should publish

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:33:22 -0000

> I must say, when I first read BA, my thought was: 'this is the
> product that in an ideal world should have been bundled with HW.'
In
> other words, so that rules, and accessible level of initial
> bakground and intelligent adventure options could have been
> available from the first.

This was always one of the major strengths of Chaosium games, that later editions of the rules often included the contents of various supplements published to support previous ones. Call of Cthulhu benefited enormously from this, with later editions containing several full scenarios, essays, compilations of spells and monsters from out of print scenarios, etc.

It's a great way to give newcomers outstanding value for money for little effort, and keep otherwise unavailable material aceessible. It also encourages old timers to keep upgrading their rulebooks without feeling ripped off.

Simon Hibbs