Re: Inflation

From: Peter Nordstrand <doctorpeace_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:38:31 +0100

Philippe:

> And, initially, I supposed he was in the '10W3 range' (Class III Hero ;) )
> and Jar Eel in the 10M4 range, but, due to some inflation, I suppose it's more
> 10M4 for Aelwrin and 10M5-6 for Jar Eel ?
> In any case, enough to step on the PCs without trouble, poor boys.

Hi,

I have read a number of posts talking about this inflation, but to be honest I fail to find it.

Let's compare Close Combat abilities in the Hero Wars rulesbook with some of those presented in Barbarian Adventures:

Heortling Weaponthane 15-10w (HW), 12w (BA) Dara Happan Elite Cavalry 10w-10w2 (HW), 5w (BA) Dara Happan Hoplite 15-10w (HW), 10w (BA) Heortling Clan Champion 10w-10w2 (HW), 10w3 (BA)

I could go on. My point is that the evidence of this inflation is hardly conclusive. One must also remember that a beginning hero isn't really that good. An ability rating of 17 has only 49% chance of scoring a Marginal Victory or better versus the default resistance of 14.

Hm... perhaps this descussion belongs on the rules-list.

Regards,
/Peter Nordstrand

Do You Yahoo!?