Re: Digest Number 793

From: Richard Bourke <richard.bourke_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:21:30 +0100

>Subject: Re: What ship-style did Dormal build?
>
>A Trireme. The first two post-closing seafaring nations (the Holy
>Country and Pasos) have them as the mainstay of their fleet while
>the third (Loskalm) also used them but shifted to Longships which
>it copied from the Yggites.
>
>--Peter Metcalfe

How official is this?
The reason being, triremes in the RW were a very coast-hugging ship, normally beaching every night. In the atlantic galleys were less useful, which is why the longship and trading cog developed. I see the homeward ocean as being more like the atlantic than the meditteranean. Richard