Re: Who's Hills

From: moonbroth <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 08:41:45 -0000

Morgan wrote:

> Hmm, I know Greg is God and all that, but picking hills in the
> TROPICAL Congo to represent Sartar (especially in view of the
> recent thread about how many Ws are the Winters!) just doesn't
> work for me at all.

All that "Postcards from Glorantha" site pretends to do is identify views which could be... postcards from Glorantha. So that one shot of some hills in Gabon or wherever looks somewhat like Sartar to Greg.

Not that Sartar *is* tropical, shares every detail of those hills' climate and vegetation, etc.!

Me, I'm a Celtic Upland Fringer -- Scottish Highlands, Snowdonia, etc. But I can't comment fairly on Greg's postcard, not having a copy of the relevant book.

More useful IMO would be reworking that page so as to have links to relevant web-available photos (using images.google.com?), but that would take a non-trivial amount of work, and I'm sure on the eve of HeroQuest there are many other things for Greg and Issaries to be getting on with!

Cheers, Nick