SV: Hero wars & gloranthna art

From: post_at_...
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:29:18 -0000

          Sonntag, 15:09:48, Guy wrote:

>|Guy> With all the artistic talent out there (hint, hint), I'd say
that HeroQuest needs some affordable yet atmospheric playing aids. The visual element of RPGs often goes sadly neglected, after all.

        Guy> With little artistic talent of my own (of course), I recommend a line of "Parchment Heroes", printed cardboard figures like Steve Jackson's Cardboard Heroes line. (I'd snap up the upcoming Guy> miniatures line if I could afford 'em, though.)

Those of us who remember the old gloranthan art still cringe I think.............Its rather difficult to show a old runequest picture of an elf to a newcomer to hero wars without them bursting into laughter...........in recent years the artwork situation has improved a 1000 fold and yet still one new gloranthan picture or piece of artwork/landscape photograph IS worth a 100 words .........I think the cardboard figures are a wonderful idea..they are a playing NOT a hobby like minifigs,plus the cost is much much lower.

The landscapes of gloranthan need some working on as well .this refering people to an old out of print book just is not good enough, if need be get out there with your camera's whilst on holiday and take some pictures and put them on the web.

The end of this rant is .......if we don't actively encourage a new influx of new players by these sort of methods and techniques...the game of hero wars /heroquest will be become (sadly) history.....so if you love the game and you can draw.......well enough said...

best wishes

Paul sommer
Copehagen
Danmark

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are private and confidential and are solely for the use of the addressee. It may contain material which is legally privileged.
If you are not the addressee or the person responsible for delivering to the addressee, be advised that you have received this E-mail in error and that any use, printing, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Failure to abide by this warning could give rise to legal action and a claim for damages.
Any opinions expressed in this E-mail are those of the individual writer and are not necessarily the Company's, unless specifically stated otherwise. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other commitment through use of this E-mail.
The content of this E-mail and any attachments should be virus tested before being downloaded onto your computer system.