Yinkini thunderbrother

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:03:50 +0300 (EEST)

Hi all.

I wonder if somebody could help me, I'm in need of some inspiration.

There's a rather high end player character in the making in my campaign. Yina Yinkinsdottir.

She is the daughter of the Heortlander heroine Theya Morningsfire, a famous Yinkini wonderer and heroquester.

After meeting some hsunchen people, Theya became convinced that the people of her own clan (a splinter clan of Harmast Barefoots Alynx clan) could get a closer relationship with their shadowcats and Yinkin.

Theya performed her quest in sacred time, and wooed Yinkin himself in her shadowcat form. She became preagnant, and in the next sacred time gave birth (in godworld) to a litter of four.

All the children are a mixture of shadowcat and human form. Two are mostly human, and two mostly cats. Yina (female) and Yenka (male) are the humalike children. Silver (male) and Ember (female) are huge shadowcats.

The mother Theya was killed defending her children, when weaponthanes from a rival clan tried to steal them. The chief of the clan (winter rock clan) Haran Largehearted adopted the children as his own.

The children were initiated at the age of twelve, when their rapidly growing magic potential started causing too much trouble.

The initiation took them back to live a life in the storm-age. Yina and Silver, always the physical pair of the children, chose to follow Orlanth, and became two of the thunderbrothers.

Yenka and Ember learned from Kolat and became Yinkini shamans.

To cut it short. Yina is the player character. An adventurous tomboy girl, who has a demigod's spark inside her. She is travelling to see the world with her brother, a magnificent silvertabby shadowcat that can take human form in the rare times that he wants to.

In the godworld, both of them are thunderbrothers.

My problem is that each of the thunderbrothers is the best at some skill or feat. Brother Silver is not much of a problem, being a strong and fierce shadowcat he is propably the best of the thunderbrothers in unarmed fighting. (and if he someday get's a following in the mundane world, can propably supply an unarmed fighting feat or discipline)

Yina is more difficult, since at the moment both me and her player are having trouble thinking up her "thing".

She's more human (though _very_ fast and agile), and likes to fight with a light sword.

If some of you can figure out a nice feat or trick for her, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

        -Adept

"I am Yina Yinkinsdottir. My mother was a heroine, and my father is a God. Are you going to stand in my way?"