Re: Reluctant gamers

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:04:15 -0500

From: "Benedict Adamson" <badamson_at_...>

> >From your description, they know precisely what they want, D&D3 and
> HS provide it, and do not want to even try something else. If that is
> really the case, getting them to play HW would be difficult, painful
> and pointless.
>
> Are they all like that? Perhaps some of them would be willing to try
> something different, and you could play with them without having to
> pull the others from their beloved dungeon? How many people are you
> talking about? I've Narrated HW with only two players, and Bruce
> Ferrie has Narrated it with only one, so you need not convince the
> whole group.

They're not all like that, and some new members who may not feel that way have enjoyed the group. I also might have exaggerated their devotion to this one style of play a bit. There are 8 members in this group, though many of them would not want to play without the others. I wanted to play with this group because we used to game all the time, but I stopped playing with them because I wasn't having much fun with the kinds of adventures we were having.

I do play RuneQuest, not as often as I like, but I don't think we'll be switching to Hero Wars anytime soon. I also have another group of friends who would like to game, but don't often have the time.

Guy