Re: How Lunars shave their faces?: They follow their Goddess

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:22:27 -0000

This seems unlikely to me except, perhaps, something that might happen out in the field.

> this act was not only for their fashion. That was a part of their
faith.

Not really. Romans became clean shaven in aprox 2nd-3rd centry BC. This is about the time decent steel became availble in small quanties - and when we start to hear of barbers. Before that point, they were more beareded.

> Maybe they believed a mustache and a beard as the symbol of
barbarous.
> After the fall of Roman Empire, Europeans under Christianity stopped
> shave for 1000 years.

Again. Its easier to grow a beard and long hair and trim that than it is to shave. Speaking as a shaggy nordic type, shaving with a dull blade is hideously painful. Its much easier to just trim it with scissors or cut it with a knife.

(yes, we had to do this when spending 2-4 months out in isolated mining camps)

> Maybe only the Lunars shave, and Dara Happans under the Lunar Empire
> don't shave?
> The model of the shaving must be that head of the Red Goddess. :)
>
> by Efendi

True enough. I suspect that Dara Happans don't shave for a different reason - men CAN grow beards. Women can't. I've got a big bushy Babylonian beard? I am in charge. Think of it as a beard-ocracy

Jeff