Re: Reluctant gamers

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:11:05 +0200

Mittwoch, 16:12:47, Guy asked:

Guy> I'd like to rejoin this group using Glorantha and Hero Wars, but I'm not at
Guy> all sure they will enjoy it very much. But perhaps I've misjudged them, and
Guy> they just haven't been exposed to any other style of play. Any suggestions
Guy> on how to wean them away from AD&D and onto Hero Wars?

one thing that always did it for me and the various groups I GMed, is the usage of good published scenarios, written for different and mostly "common" RPGs.

There is no better way to attract players to a setting than by converting something that works for nearly everybody and slowly introduce the finer points of gaming in Glorantha.

If you don't mind gaming in Fronela for example, have a look on "Shadows Over B�genhafen" for the Warhammer "Enemy Within" campaign [the following two parts also rate very high, IMHO].

high level heroquests?
grab some Planescape stuff & tweak it [an awful lot, I know].

playing in Karse?
go and buy the "Freeport" trilogy [though not as good as the above]. after all, if they are used to D&D, start changing the system and give them a kind of adventure they were used to til now. then start changing, altering, "infiltrating" this, too. if all goes well they soon will swear they've never played anything else...

sounding a bit too enthusiastic maybe, but I have my fingers crossed for you!

--

 Stefan
 Mittwoch, 20:59:21

.||| mailto: stefan.drawert_at_...