Re: Uz! would pay for downloadable maps

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:52:45 +0200

Donnerstag, 22:51:46, Mark wrote:

theunspokenword> Yeah, well. Let me be blunt, Issaries doesn't have the kind of spare
theunspokenword> grain that WotC and the like have to support lots of freebies. I've
theunspokenword> told Greg more than once that I think Issaries is too generous for
theunspokenword> its own good with free support material. Sure, everyone would like
theunspokenword> freebies, but freebies that could be earning money for Issaries (and
theunspokenword> yes, I know that 'Uz' is a UW product, but we pay a license fee per
theunspokenword> issue sold to Issaries) actually aren't free - they are costing
theunspokenword> Issaries money! Sorry to go on about this, but it is a bit of a
theunspokenword> hobby-horse of mine!

so, why don't they just make things available via PayPal or similar services?
I gladly would pay for a download of a Sartar map of printable quality!
the same is true to a many other things like unpublished fiction, drafts, etc...

or do I miss a proper reason for not spreading it for a reasonable fee? [besides copying it, but this can be done with everything, printed or not, see alt.rec.ebooks.rpg for this]

BTW, Steve Perrin uses this kind of distribution for his SPQR-rules, too. seems to work.

--

 Stefan
 Donnerstag, 23:43:24