Re: Uz!

From: theunspokenword <hia15_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:51:46 -0000

It's not 100% finalised, which is why we haven't made a proper announcement, but we are almost certainly going to produce a followon  supplement to Uz, a 36-page book (gazzeteer, sample clan, adventures) bundled with an A2-sized map of DI (the one on the back, but with even more detail) to the same level of quality as the Lunar masterpiece. More information to follow.

> Even then, I'l like there to be a high end
> .jpg version on www.glorantha.com, so we can start using it for
gaming.

Yeah, well. Let me be blunt, Issaries doesn't have the kind of spare grain that WotC and the like have to support lots of freebies. I've told Greg more than once that I think Issaries is too generous for its own good with free support material. Sure, everyone would like freebies, but freebies that could be earning money for Issaries (and yes, I know that 'Uz' is a UW product, but we pay a license fee per issue sold to Issaries) actually aren't free - they are costing Issaries money! Sorry to go on about this, but it is a bit of a hobby-horse of mine!

Thanks for the kind words about 'Uz', though - and as soon as we have some definite news on 'Uz-2' (no, not it;'s real title!) I'll let you all know.

All the best

Mark

Mark Galeotti

The Unspoken Word