Re: Re: Uz!

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:10:46 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, theunspokenword wrote:

<snip>
> on supplement to Uz, a 36-page book (gazzeteer, sample clan,
> adventures) bundled with an A2-sized map of DI (the one on the back,
> but with even more detail) to the same level of quality as the Lunar
> masterpiece. More information to follow.

Excellent. I'll be loyally waiting.

> > Even then, I'l like there to be a high end
> > .jpg version on www.glorantha.com, so we can start using it for
> gaming.
>
> Yeah, well. Let me be blunt, Issaries doesn't have the kind of spare
> grain that WotC and the like have to support lots of freebies. I've
> told Greg more than once that I think Issaries is too generous for
> its own good with free support material. Sure, everyone would like
> freebies, but freebies that could be earning money for Issaries (and
> yes, I know that 'Uz' is a UW product, but we pay a license fee per
> issue sold to Issaries) actually aren't free - they are costing
> Issaries money! Sorry to go on about this, but it is a bit of a
> hobby-horse of mine!

It's ok. What I mean is that if a certain map _isn't_ going to get printed, then it should be awailable for the gaming community.

Hoarding stuff for a long time pending a possible release somewhere isn't the best way to go. There's the direct revenue from selling maps and such, but having a large amount of downloadable support material gets people hooked to Glorantha, and keeps them happy and loyal.

Two sides to every coin, I'd say.

That sayed, I'll happily pay for professionally printed maps. I'd also happily pay for a good .TIFF file.

> Thanks for the kind words about 'Uz', though - and as soon as we
> have some definite news on 'Uz-2' (no, not it;'s real title!) I'll
> let you all know.

Marvelous. You the man Mark!

        -Adept