Re: Dragon kill War Survivors

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:33:07 +1000

Richard:

> Does this mean there are bits of old EWF lore preserved in various clans
> or even secret societies that have preserved more coherent traditions?
>
> Has anyone ever done a write up of the mystic traditions followed by the
> EWF?
The recovery of EWF traditions and knowledge has always been a big theme in my own Far Point campaign. There's an enigmatic bit in the Barbarian Adventures prophecies about a Tovtaros hunter trapped in a Youf ruin, chanted at by a Power beneath a carved wall where Orlanth rides a dragon. However, in play its always been from the traditional Orlanthi point of view - strangers arrive, ask about dragonewts and EWF ruins, get told the ruins are taboo and evil and banned, go there anyway and learn the hard way *why* the ruins are taboo. Cradledaughter, one of the 49 Vingans, asks just these sorts of questions among the Tovtaros.

I believe that the recovery of EWF traditions is a big part in the success of at least one of the Argraths, so some writeups would be very timely. I don't know of any to date however. They are likely to contain *major* weirdness - look at the saga of Ingolf Dragonfriend in KOS for inspiration. There are lots of subtle clues in the descriptions of Argrath's later actions as well.
Beware of people with split tongues!

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

Out of the south she came, as mysterious and violent as the blessing winds of Sea Season, and just as beautiful. Out of the south, through gors deep and gallt wide, 'cross ice-shielded streams and shadow-dark valleys. Out of the south, till at last she came to the stead called Lagerwater, home to the Bluefoot Tovtaros, the true Orlanthi folk at the very centre of the world.