Re[2]: Re(2): Far Point Area Maps

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:51:30 +0200

John:

> The Sheep of Luck Hills are *west* of Amadhall. That's where the Gamla's
> Leap site is - deep wilderness. I was a bit imprecise in my original
> description. The maps would indicate this as notionally Tres. Close enough
> to check though - I'll make sure we get a divination on this for the
> Gazetteer. Precise boundaries are almost impossible to track down at the
> moment.

 Judging from the BA and the UtToG maps I always placed the Tres in  the hills north of Erenia's Trail, exactly the area on the UtToG map  where the hills' name "Sheep of Luck" is written. so this would kind of  match your assumption. [and I won't have to re-write everything :)]

 another question that occurred to me concerning Alone & The Hidden Valley:

 In various sources it's said that the city was found on Youf ruins by  [Name Of Sartar King 30something years ago] to host refugees from  Tarsh.

 I thought Alone and its inhabitants were part of one or two of the  surrounding tribes, Bachad & Amad [Tres being a new entry of late].  but on the aforementioned maps it seems like none of said tribes  actually live in the valley, which makes me wonder why?  the Dragonnewts?

 or is Alone some tiny little "city-state" of its own, with no  traditional blood relations to these tribes?  [which would contradict BA]

--
 enjoying my day off,

 Stefan
 Donnerstag, 13:24:55