Mitchuinn

From: Svechin_at_...
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:16:50 EDT

Palashee asks:
> It is my understanding that four kerofini tribes/clans have been

> published - The Mitchuinn, Hendarli, Marantaros and Iristaros.
> As I understand it:-
> The Mitchuinn originated in the Dara-Ni confederation (although I'm
> not sure where that is, somewhere to the north I'm guessing)

Dara Ni is the lands around the Erinflarth river from slightly west of Alkoth to the Lakrene lands. Check out the Imperial map on the spotlight section of the Issaries site if you don't own a copy.

Originally this area was heavily Orlanthi in places, though with significant influence from other cultures, like the Darjiini in the river valley and the Alkothi in the cities. The Orlanthi tended to be marginalised in the hills around the valley by the time of Mitchuinn. Mitchuinn joined refugees fleeing the Empire and its conquest of Dara-Ni and ended up as a warband leader of the Cynnelfing Alliance, centered on Mirins Cross and Saird but drawing forces from all the Orlanthi lands still free of Imperial dominion. After the death of her son at the hands of the Orlanthi, the Conquering Daughter destroyed the Alliance with a direct attack on Mirins Cross.

Mitchuinn lead survivors from that defeat and entered DP. Originally he occupied with his tribe, lands around the Black Eel south of travelling stone but with the defeat of the Tarch rebels, the tribe left its lands and became Exile(d).

There is more on them in Enclosure 1 & 2 and also on Wesleys Glorantha site.

Martin Laurie