Re: Headhunting [was Re: Baron's Friends]

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:06:35 +0800

ian_hammond_cooper wrote:

> My attitude toward this is that it is similar to human sacrifice -
> certain rituals such as cannabilism, headtaking, or trophy taking,
> undertaken under restricted circumstances by practioners of certain
> religions (such as those with links to Ana Gor) are permissable.

Another notable, and I'd say significant, difference is that the chaotic cults do their activities in secret ('Eat your enemies in secret!'). Just as the Orlanthi distinguish between manslaughter ('Yes, *I* killed him, with *this* sword. Who now doubts my prowess?') and secret murder. Related, I think, to the cultural attitude of taking responsibility for your actions, but also allowing social control of these activities through indications of approval and disapproval, revenge and legal redress.

<python>Get it out in the open. I know I have.</python>