Re: Humakti acceptability

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:15:16 -0000

re: Simon vs. me on Humakht.

In recent HW discussions anbd "discoveries", Humakht seems to be the god of psychopaths, cast out from society, whose very presence causes crop failure and miscarriages. I don't see any "guiding the bereaved to peace" aspect to this. Frankly, I'd prefer the older view as honorable soldier, much closer to what Simon seems to prefer as well.

As for the "how many cults" debate, the problem with the "ok, you use your few cults, but we want all this depth" argument, is that the most important depth, THE OPPOSITION, (or, in our campaigns, the "forces of civilization") doesn't exist yet. You guys can have all your bazillion deep background Orlanth pantheon sub-sub-cults that pleases you greatly, but until you have Lunar opposition, it ain't Hero WARS, it's Hero CULTURAL EXPLORATION.