Let's discover, let's learn !

From: vingo_france <vingo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:58:39 -0000

I completely agree with Ian Cooper and David Dunham.

When I began RuneQuest, I was a student without money (or so few...) First time, I was unable to buy Gods of Glorantha, it was more expensive in France. We began without gods. Players were only adventurers with spirit magics given by a shaman for many quests. They started low. Most survived, some died. Later we discovered Gods, it was great. They grew powerfull. They fought hard, most survived, some died as well. Later again, we have enough luck to discover subcults. Some translations from prozines TotRM; first subcult appeared is Indrodar Greydog. It was even more greater. It opened new paths for religions. New gates appeared regularly and it became more and more complicated. But as the complexity grew as our interest grew, as it grew as it became passion.

What I would like to say:
- Play with less gods.

John Hughes wrote something like that one day: Don't worship sources as some sort of Bible revealing fondamental truths, keep in mind that most is wrong or misleading. Knowing that use it as a strength rather than a weakness.

It wasn't written in that way, but it could be used as well. As you understand that, number of gods is too high, decrease. The clan organisation is too much complicated, simplify. And else.

You will lose a part of the richness but it will become fully playable for your team.
And after all, nothing chains you up definitely to simpleness. Let's come back gods under steps which served your own campaigns and let your world grow rich.

Let your team have time to discover, to learn about Glorantha (step by step and keep up your tempo).

"Dreams are the best thing reality can offer". (David Dunham ?)

Will (Vingo)
Paris, France