RE: Lost Eldarad ?

From: Matthew <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 04:52:23 +0100

FWIW I think burning books to destroy the information in them is extremely worrying. However, the Eldarad burning game doesn't seem to be like this (to me).

Don't worry about the last one getting burned, they'll never get mine! (: I keep all that stuff, for posterior :)

I suppose people who are worried by book burning are remembering images of the Nazis burning "unwanted" books in the thirties.

Here's a quote from a web page I found:

'After the Holocaust, there was this famous statement that everybody
seemed to accept without any challenge. That statement claimed, "that at a place where they burn books, they will eventually burn people".'

The same page, however claims (I cannot support or refute this) -

'The Bible is very clear about the issue: It is wrong for evil people to
burn good books, and it is good for righteous people to burn evil, wicked and smut material.'

Doesn't mention the ozone layer! Or The Lost City of Eldarad!

A book burning site: http://www.ala.org/bbooks/bookburning20.html

'night