Re: Zorak Zoran and Urox

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:41:44 -0000

> Charles Corrigan wrote:
> >Zorak Zoran pre-Arkat was a sane Troll wargod.
>
> No uz is going to think so -- the use of fire is enough to make him
a class-A
> nutball by uz standards, after all. Plus the undead. Ick. And he's
not even a
> decent uz. Yuck. ; )

It's not realy clear, but back then there was a troll cult of Zolan Zubar, from :

http://www.glorantha.com/library/elder/trolls-gbaji.html

>VARONAL ZOR
>Death Master of Zolan Zubar, Representative of the Kitori
>
>Varonal Zor is Komor Gor, sacred king of the Kitori tribe. His
>people have strong ties with both the Heortlings and the Uz, and
>have served as a bridge between the two races for centuries.
>
>Although the Kitori have traditions dating back to the Darkness,
>their existence as a separate tribe began only recently, when their
>founder, Varzor Kitor, became the first Warlord of the Council in
>the year one hundred sixty-seven. Varonal Zor is as proud and mighty
>as his glorious ancestor, and wields the Net and Flail masterfully,
>but he has come to the Council in search of peace for his people,
>not war.

Note though, that one of the other troll representatives at the council is a Death Lord of Zorak Zoran, so they're not exactly the same. I suppose it may just be local variation though.

I seem to remember a fragment of an account of Arkat's transformation into a troll, and I think a worshiper of Zolan Zubar was involved somehow.

Simon Hibbs