Re: Rainbows?

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:39:34 -0000

>A rainbow wasn't an unreal trick of the
> > light but Bifrost, the bridge between the middle world and
Asgard.
> > This is the mythical, magical mindset and I don't think
holographic
> > illusions site well with it.
>
> What is a Rainbow in Gloranthan terms?
> I was thinking it was a sign that Heler and Elmal had reconciled
their
> differences (at least temporary) do to the fact that rainbows
appear when it
> is both sunny and raining at the same time?
> Any thoughts?

I don't know about the importance of Rainbow in Glorantha. But in King of Dragonpass, Rainbow is Very Good Omen and Blessing from gods for clan...in Glorantha, Rainbow has real ends and where it falls (somewhere of inside of Heortling clan Boundary in Game Term) means gods smile to the clan.

In old Wyrms Footprint, there is Rainbow Girl. But I can't remember her role just now for I don't have this book at hand.

(In Bible, Rainbow is the promise of God never use Flood for punishment, in China, Rainbow is a sort of Dragon.)

TI