OT: Paypal (was 'The Four Scrolls of Revelation' - C02 con book)

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:26:06 -0000

Mark Galeotti wrote:
> Depending on where you are, which card you use, etc, registration
can sometimes take a while, as they may have to send you a secret authorisation number, which will appear on your next credit card statement.

I got a limited amount of credit until my card authorization number showed up on my statement, but that was a while back and things may be less optimistic nowadays. When I joined it was about $100 - which should be enough to buy the scrolls of revelation and In Wintertop's Shadow ;)

Briefly, I have never had any problems with the service and believe it to be safer than handing over my credit card details when dealing with small companies or individuals, because I only have to trust Paypal with them not the seller.

The downside for people like UW is that there is, AFAIK, some cost to the seller so bigger outfits tend to ask you to pay them directly.

Paypal, in case you were unaware, are now owned by Ebay.

Hope that helps,