Re: OT: Paypal (was 'The Four Scrolls of Revelation' - C02 con book)

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:34:54 -0000

IIRC I was able to phone the Credit Card provider and get them to tell me the number that would appear on the statement (having proved to their satisfaction that I was the card holder, obviously) so it may be possible to start buying all that lovely UW stuff even sooner...

The problem I had was that they hit me with a web form that insisted I enter a "City" and also wanted my address to match that held by the Credit card company - and my full postal address does not include a city...

A final note - Mike Dawson's "Different Games" should be added to the list of people selling HW/Glorantha product via Paypal.