Re: Merchant's Valley

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:48:43 +1200

At 07:27 PM 7/25/02 +0000, you wrote:

>I don't know anything about Merchant's Valley in Dragon Pass. Could
>you help me? What kind of people live there? Tarshite settlers?
>Almost nobody (because the danger of Snakepipe Hollow)?

Almost nobody sums it up just right.

>Is it only a
>merchant's road and Too Far or are there permanents inhabitants in
>the valley? What is Too Far? a fort? a town? is the valley part of
>the kingdom of Tarsh? Too many questions ;-)?

The Kingdom of Tarsh claims all of Dragon Pass - the bits in red are just those where its government is effective. In UW#1, Too Far is described as a "shabby little town, little more than a waystation on the road to Aldachur, inhabited by sutlers, innkeepers, horsetraders  and tax agents".