Re: New Pelorian

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:03:01 -0000

> Perhaps an important point to restate here is that while there are
> those who reach Illumination through the Lunar Way, the Lunar Way
is
> not 'about' Illumination as such - and Illumination need not
involve
> anything to do with the Lunar Way at all!

'The possession of another language,
is the possession of another soul',

      Charlemagne

Language incorporates assumptions about the nature of the world, and the nature of relationships between people, things and ideas. Furthermore, to fully understand a language and be proficient in it (and remember we're discussing the effects on those who are fluent in the language, not merely competent), also requires a knowledge of its literature, and hence the philosophy and culture that have grown with it.

Simon Hibbs