Re: Laws of Physics

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:56:25 -0000

There was a conversation very similar to this one at Origins a few months back. In essence (as it were) the 'laws' governing these interactions are generally the same but in areas which are strongly allied to one of the Otherworlds have much differening ways of generating a similar effect. The implication made was that anyone trying to define Glorantha strictly through laws of physics was on the wrong track.

Physics, the study of vast impersonal forces, would probably exist in a Brithini/Mostali area but possibly not in a Malkioni one. Air and Storms move because they ARE Orlanth. "Orlanth Is Dead" makes that very clear. The Lunars suppress a fundamental factor in existence in the Dragon Pass area and the results are... interesting and strange (and very, very deadly).

I'm pretty sure I'm garbling what Greg said but that was the general gist of it.

Jeff