Re: Tarsh Temple of the Reaching Moon + Bagnot

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:45:08 +1200

>I was reading in 'King of Sartar' that the Tarsh Temple of the Reaching
>Moon's construction began in 1496 but the foundations were destroyed in 1538
>by the Earthquake priestesses.
>When was the Tarsh TOTRM finally constructed and activated?

I suspect it was done when the Lunars retook control over Tarsh during the reign of Phargentes.

>And what was Bagnot like before the Lunars sacked it?

Old Style Heortling City with Longhouses and the like. In the Glorantha: Intro:

         Most cities attempt to imitate and rival Furthest in its
         splendor.  However the cost of matching the King's
         benevolence has exhausted the coin of many benefactors
         and many of these projects are embarrassingly incomplete.
         This has turned many cities into a patchwork of old Orlanthi
         longhouses alongside new marble-clad buildings.
                                 G:I p155.

>With old style City-rings with the local tribes as members?

City Rings are a Sartarite Invention and so would not exist in Tarsh. The Cities would be ruled by either the King or the Tribes IMO.

>Would have Arim's Necklace been the extent of the influence of the Exiles in
>Bagnot, the last/first line of defence as it were?

Probably.

--Peter Metcalfe