Re: Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:49:42 -0700

At 11:23 AM 8/29/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>> mentioned about the Char-Un for "going overboard" and raping other
>>than in
>>> the aftermath of a battle. Basically its "Okay to kill and rape"
>>in the
>>> heat of battle but wrong to do them as a hobby.
>>
>>I think rape is inherently dehumanising and pointless,
>>and therefore moraly corrupting whatever the circumstances.
>
> I'll agree here, but assuming the Char-Un do rape on a
>regular basis, there has to be some reason why they are not all Broos
>by now.

Who says they are not?
I do not mind imposing my own morality on my own word. I will categorically state that rape is wrong under any circumstances, that wartime rape is as wrong as any other and that if the Char Un (or anyone else) systematically engage in the act then they are going to turn into broos.

>I also assume that the cannibalism of Maran and the
>Cannibal Cult, however holy and acceptable, contributes to the
>ongoing presence of ogres in the world by strengthening the Ogre
>Ancestor.

I agree.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>