Re: Re: Talk to soul

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:11:54 -0700

At 11:52 AM 9/10/2002 -0000, you wrote:
>> Agreed. Except for his own initiates
>> and devotees, who do go to his house
>> and stay there. They are beyond
>> contact.
>
>I have another question regarding Heortlings souls. If the souls of
>devotees and intitates go to the place of the subcult in the
>otherworld, then how do they also go to join with the Ancestors?

They don't. They have severed all kinship ties.

>And
>what about the souls of those inititated into 2 or more subcults?

If one of the cults was Humakt then certainly the process is complicated, so it's your call.
But in general, a soul can move around through the various places that it is a member of. That is, it might be in either place in the Afterworlds. Mostly, though, they lose their personal identification so it doesn't really matter too much.

>The two potential answers that I can think of are
>
>- 1 - souls can be in multiple places simultaneously (a bit like the
>wave/particle duality in the RW) - human understanding is too linear
>and based on this side to fully understand this.

While bilocation exists for gods, humans are generally too small to do it.

>- 2 - at Judgement, the Breaths of of the soul split apart and each
>goes to a separate destination - the Breath of the clan goes to the
>Ancestors, the Breath of the subcult goes to that deities place in
>the otherworld, etc. To me, this has the benefit of also explaining
>why the souls on the otherside usually appear as an undifferentiated
>mass - none of them are complete enough to be individually
>recognisable.

Interesting thought.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>